So, things have been a little busy. Last week, one of our youth called. She's pregnant and hasn't been to church since. Out of the blue, she called and it was a cry for help. Her dad was in the hospital. His arota had ruptured outside his heart and they were trying to repair it. Michael went to L-ville to be with the family. I went to the youth fundraiser dinner and then taught Bible study. Michael was really working hard on finishing up his master's classes, so he was pretty busy, plus with the school year coming to an end, he had lots of paperwork for his students. So Kassidy was a bit of a mama's girl b/c Daddy hadn't been around too much. Which is very unusual.
I'm getting ready for VBS starting Sunday. Last Sunday everybody wasn't feeling well and we thought Kassidy had scarlet fever after being exposed on Thursday. I ended up taking her to the ER so we didn't have to wait all day Monday and take her Tues. It wasn't; I was relieved. Michael was sick. I think he has a sinus infection and is still sick. Hopefully he'll get to the doctor soon. But we stayed home all day Sunday. Monday, knowing she did not have strep, we went to a friend's b-day party. She had lots of fun, but didn't know what to think. She wasn't used to all those people at their house.
Like I said, I've been busy preparing for VBS. I'm actually very nervous. I've never taught it. I worked in the kitchen when I helped. I worked with this age in Awana, but Michael led. It's a little scary. But, we'll get there and do fine I'm sure. I could use your prayers though.
I told Michael Kassidy still wasn't acting just right. I was a little concerned, but I couldn't really tell what was wrong, just her attitude and she wasn't herself. Turns out, she cut her 2 year old molars (2) in two days. Well she's been cutting them longer but they popped up in two days. No wonder.
Michael's last day of school is tomorrow. Yeah! Six weeks minus the week in Florida with the youth of summer vacation! He's helping coach a little league team during the week. That'll give him something to do. Plus, we have some closets to tackle. Our laundry room needs more shelving and he's got to work on that as well. But it will be a vacation for him. Not having to work. Last summer he had only 2 weeks really b/c he had to go to summer immersion for his master's classes.
Anyway, love you all. I'll write soon. OHHHHHH! I have my first doula client. She's due the 9th! And I have an interview next Saturday with a client who got my number off of Birth Care Network's list on the internet. That's exciting! So that's yet another thing that's been going on.
I'm getting ready for VBS starting Sunday. Last Sunday everybody wasn't feeling well and we thought Kassidy had scarlet fever after being exposed on Thursday. I ended up taking her to the ER so we didn't have to wait all day Monday and take her Tues. It wasn't; I was relieved. Michael was sick. I think he has a sinus infection and is still sick. Hopefully he'll get to the doctor soon. But we stayed home all day Sunday. Monday, knowing she did not have strep, we went to a friend's b-day party. She had lots of fun, but didn't know what to think. She wasn't used to all those people at their house.
Like I said, I've been busy preparing for VBS. I'm actually very nervous. I've never taught it. I worked in the kitchen when I helped. I worked with this age in Awana, but Michael led. It's a little scary. But, we'll get there and do fine I'm sure. I could use your prayers though.
I told Michael Kassidy still wasn't acting just right. I was a little concerned, but I couldn't really tell what was wrong, just her attitude and she wasn't herself. Turns out, she cut her 2 year old molars (2) in two days. Well she's been cutting them longer but they popped up in two days. No wonder.
Michael's last day of school is tomorrow. Yeah! Six weeks minus the week in Florida with the youth of summer vacation! He's helping coach a little league team during the week. That'll give him something to do. Plus, we have some closets to tackle. Our laundry room needs more shelving and he's got to work on that as well. But it will be a vacation for him. Not having to work. Last summer he had only 2 weeks really b/c he had to go to summer immersion for his master's classes.
Anyway, love you all. I'll write soon. OHHHHHH! I have my first doula client. She's due the 9th! And I have an interview next Saturday with a client who got my number off of Birth Care Network's list on the internet. That's exciting! So that's yet another thing that's been going on.

1 Comments:
Preparation is a bit nerve-racking but when you get through the first day, you feel better about it and things start to flow just the way God wants them.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home