My valentine's day
So, I know I posted last on Valentine's Day, but that was before it was over! I had a counseling apt. that day and it went fine. They wear me out some though. It's a lot of effort on my part to integrate all these areas of my life. When you've kept everything so compartmentalized for so long, it's draining to put them all back together. But after I picked Kassidy up from Jeanne's, we left for Louisville. We wanted to take Kassidy to Build-a-Bear for her birthday present. She loved it! At first it was rough b/c she wanted to get a Cookie Monster and not any bear. We eventually convinced her to pick a bear. (I felt bad b/c it was for her to pick out, but we wanted something classic and not something she may not like next year! I felt very hypocritical trying to persuade her to something else when it was her birthday present and we said it was her choice. It all worked out though.) She then picked what else than the "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" sound. (For those I haven't told, this is one of three songs I have to sing at bedtime. The others are the lullabye I wrote for her and Jesus, Lover of my Soul. Thanks Daddy, for the "B-ball" addition.) She then got to watch a little boy stuff his bear and then she picked out her heart, helped stuff the bear, and then did the heart motions (rub it btw your hands so it'll have a warm heart, rub it's ears to listen to all your secrets, rub it's mouth to give you kisses, etc.) perfectly and then placed it inside her bear. We then gave it an air bath, which she loved. We proceeded to pick out her clothes. Daddy picked a shirt her liked and Kassidy liked it too. Then we helped her pick out of 3 bottoms that matched. She picked out her panty's b/c her bear is a big girl like Kassidy is working on. Then we looked at shoes and picked the purple one's to match her outfit. We went on to the naming station and Kassidy typed in most of the info for her. We named her Annie. Michael asked Kassidy what she wanted to name her and he was holding the bear. Well all she would say was, "I need." b/c she wanted to bear. Michael thought it sounded close to Annie and Kassidy liked it, so it stuck. We named her, got bows for her ears and got her box to ride home in. Kassidy hasn't let her out of her sight for long since then. Whatever she does Annie needs to do or try too. Very cute! I'll have to take a picture to show ya'll.
After that, Michael said there was a store he wanted to go look at. I'm like, sure, what store. He said, he couldn't remember which one it was. Then he asked if we had enough money could he take like $100 and spend it. I said yes. It's not often he wants to buy something and I knew I'd make it all work. So I asked what he was wanting to buy, clothes or something. Then, he went into Kay Jewelers and I'm like what?!? He was lying and had found some jewelry he wanted me to pick from. He's never able to surprise me with stuff like that b/c I handle the finances and I always figure it out before he can surprise me. Too analytical. But we ended up buying a pretty white gold ring that has a pink gold heart and a diamond. I love it! We sent it off to get sized. While we were there I remembered that my wedding ring had the warranty thing too, so I wanted to have it re-rhodium-ized. So they looked up the info and I tried to get it off. The last time I took it off was before Kassidy was born. Yeah. It didn't come off. We ended up having to cut it off, and cut it in two places. I was so embarassed, mortified actually, b/c that only drew attention to the fact that I am fat. But I assured myself that I am losing weight and at least I'm aware and taking action! The other women there weren't skinny minnies and had recently had children, so I didn't feel as awkward. Thank you, Lord! But, I'm still smiling over the whole thing b/c my husband loved me enough to work two saturday schools to get me a new piece of jewelry. I love him so much. This is the third piece of jewelry he's ever bought me. My engagement ring, my wedding ring and now this ring. You might be thinking, why all rings? Well I don't have my engagement ring now (long story for another time) and I can't wear any other ring I own. I have earings and necklaces that I like and that I wear, but my hands are another story. Bracelets get on my nerves when I write, so I only wear them on rare occasions. But anywho, I love him. I'm proud of him for pulling off the surprise, too.
More to come . . . about Wednesday's adventures. Love ya'll, but I gotta get ready for a doc's apt.
After that, Michael said there was a store he wanted to go look at. I'm like, sure, what store. He said, he couldn't remember which one it was. Then he asked if we had enough money could he take like $100 and spend it. I said yes. It's not often he wants to buy something and I knew I'd make it all work. So I asked what he was wanting to buy, clothes or something. Then, he went into Kay Jewelers and I'm like what?!? He was lying and had found some jewelry he wanted me to pick from. He's never able to surprise me with stuff like that b/c I handle the finances and I always figure it out before he can surprise me. Too analytical. But we ended up buying a pretty white gold ring that has a pink gold heart and a diamond. I love it! We sent it off to get sized. While we were there I remembered that my wedding ring had the warranty thing too, so I wanted to have it re-rhodium-ized. So they looked up the info and I tried to get it off. The last time I took it off was before Kassidy was born. Yeah. It didn't come off. We ended up having to cut it off, and cut it in two places. I was so embarassed, mortified actually, b/c that only drew attention to the fact that I am fat. But I assured myself that I am losing weight and at least I'm aware and taking action! The other women there weren't skinny minnies and had recently had children, so I didn't feel as awkward. Thank you, Lord! But, I'm still smiling over the whole thing b/c my husband loved me enough to work two saturday schools to get me a new piece of jewelry. I love him so much. This is the third piece of jewelry he's ever bought me. My engagement ring, my wedding ring and now this ring. You might be thinking, why all rings? Well I don't have my engagement ring now (long story for another time) and I can't wear any other ring I own. I have earings and necklaces that I like and that I wear, but my hands are another story. Bracelets get on my nerves when I write, so I only wear them on rare occasions. But anywho, I love him. I'm proud of him for pulling off the surprise, too.
More to come . . . about Wednesday's adventures. Love ya'll, but I gotta get ready for a doc's apt.

2 Comments:
Yeah! happy v-day...sounds like you are a blessed woman :0)
thanks for the encouraging note too.
AWWW what a sweet guesture on his part.
Now about being fat...do we need to talk?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home