Name:
Location: Bardstown, My Old Kentucky Home, United States

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just a quickie!

Wanted to let everyone know that Adam's health was good enough that they moved him to a rehab center. The same one Michael's mom went to after recovering from her cancer and the surgeries that followed. He was able to walk up a flight of stairs. He's having to relearn to use the right side of his body. His brain is still slow going. His short term memory is lacking. His brain is also processing everything very extreme. It would be like if you were in a room with 3 other people and all of them were yelling instead of talking and there is delay on understanding the information. It's very exhausting for him. But, progress is progress.

I had a good day yesterday. Kassidy and I went shopping at Walmart for awhile. She helped and picked out her own stuff. It was so cute!! She'd stop and look at something and say, "Uummm." Then, if it was something she could have, I'd ask her if she wanted to get it and she'd say, "Yeeah." and nod her head. She never asked me for anything or threw a fit. If I told her no we didn't need it, she simply put it back. She looked at some ice cream cones we had passed that had a picture on them. She ran back to look, told me what they were and then counted the boxes and ran back. She was so proud of herself. She was so good and I had such a good time. Michael says she takes after me b/c I analyze everything I buy. She just looks it over. She's such a nut and getting to be so big! I can't believe she's going to be 2 years old!! I wish I could share with you how smart she is. She absoulutely blows me away.

Today, I had another session with my new counselor. We're doing background history of my life. I thought I'd just be talking and not really learning anything today, but I did learn some stuff. It's really interesting how the little things shape who you are. I have some homework to read, but it's the good kind, since I'll be learning about myself. Then I came home ate lunch and went to get a cavity filled. I had one on my front, top, left tooth. The shot really hurt there. My nose was swollen afterwards. It was really weird. I also had two exposed roots filled in to help with sensitivity. I felt like I had a permanent smile from the novicaine. I'm still slurring words slighty. But oh well. It had been so long since I had a cavity, I got incredibly nervous! I've never disliked going to the dentist, so anxiety about it was strange for me. But, I lived and I'm telling you about it now.

Gotta go. My head is hurting. I love you all, and I'm not just saying that either. I mean it.

2 Comments:

Blogger His B said...

A couple things. Congrats on your weight loss! Sounds liek Adam is making quick progress considering what could have/be happening. We will probably be attending the b-day party but i'm not sure for how long with my asthma/allergies? I guess we're kind of debating if we both should come for a bit? Or Tim by himself for a good while? The plan right now is to both come for as long as we can. Wow, now my comment is as long as your entry so i'll stop. love u, b.

11:23 PM  
Blogger alycepaige said...

i couldnt find your email...i thought i had sent you an email but i guess you didnt get it. Cheryl adn Carol are planning the shower, you are more than welcom eto help them, i am sure tehy would appreciate it. (food, ideas, decor) but most importantly i just want you to be there!!! sorry for not getting back to you sooner. love you girl!

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home