Again, I'm at work, but wanted to update everyone. Followed-up with the gynecologist and I officially have Polycystic ovarian syndrome. The cyst my other doctor was concerned about is not a concern, really, however, I have like 12 cysts on both ovaries, so...where that leaves us right now we aren't sure. He's giving me a medicine to make the ovaries work properly without causing me to ovulate more (Jon & Kate plus 8). That's not really an option for us. Neither of us want the risk of so many multiples, however unlikely. The problem right now is that the medicine causes gastro-intestinal issues, and I have enough of those. So, I'm scheduled to have an upper and lower GI scope done tomorrow. Next week I do a breath test to see if I have H.pylorus and then a barium swallow test, ultrasound of gallbladder and then if neg, a hida scan of gallbladder. Once all that is done, we'll see where I am and then possibly try this ovary medication if it doesn't interfere. So anyways, I'm at work today having to fast...all clear liquids until scopes are done, and already cranky b/c I cannot eat. I've been doing better about meals and such and have lost a few pounds. Guess this will be another kick in the pants and get me going. I could use your prayers through all this stuff. I'm hoping after all this I'll be feeling much better and maybe not so uncomfortable all the time. We'll see. Love you all!!!
About Me
- Name: abbi
- Location: Bardstown, My Old Kentucky Home, United States

5 Comments:
I'm praying for you, Abbi!
I had H.Pyloris once...the meds for that are ridiculous! Poly-cystic sucks...having one is painful enough, I cant imagine having 12 (or rather 24!)
love you
That's what I have. What medicine are you taking?
the h.pylorus test was negative. i'm not taking the medicine yet, but it's metafomin? i think. it's actually for diabetes, but he's had results with it. have the barium swallow this coming tuesday. then i meet back with him on the first.
I take metaformin. It has helped me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home