Yiiiiiiikkkkeeeessss!!!!
So, I'm back on two feet! I've gone two days w/o using my crutch other than when I don't have my boot on! I came in from spraying off our deck and slipped on the linoleum, though. I'm fine. It seems that since I broke my leg, I've fallen more, instead of less. I'm very careful, but I'm just plain clumbsy! I guess you can't change that.
But the yikes is for having to go to camp next week. See, Michael was going to take the youth, and then we thought none were going, and now 5 are. But the female chaperone backed out and I'm left. Luckily, we're staying in hotel rooms, b/c Kassidy is going with us. I'll be able to go and have her take nap/break from the kids during the day. I'm not, however, looking forward to walking so much on who knows what kind of landscape. Walking on anything remotely unlevel in my boot is difficult. I can't bend my foot in it, so I kind of hobble and with uneven ground, I have to really watch how and where I'm walking. Plus, I'll have to be taking care of a three year old while doing it. We'll see. Y'all can pray for the week. Michael is suppossed to have jury duty on that Thurs. and we're trying to get him out of it for that one day out of the six months of it. We'll see. Otherwise he'll have to leave camp and come home to do it for that day. That leaves me there as the good chaperone.
On another note, our little needy church is needier than we thought. Turns out the financial secretarty has been writing checks there was no money for, thus it coming out of other special accounts. The youth being one of them. We are at $0 and we've raised around a grand towards camp thus far. It really stinks b/c a lot of the kids helping aren't even going to camp and they just did a dinner theatre which raised $400. We have to raise more money to reward them for a job well done last night. It's so crazy! This one guy is blaming the pastor, when it's his wife who is the financial secretary, but he's been doing the bookkeeping on it b/c she doesn't know how. Yet, it's all the pastor's fault for not knowing what's been going on. I'm so completely confused with it all. I thought that was what business meetings were for, to vote on how the money got spent. Whoever signed those checks should've known whether it had been voted on. It seems simple to me, but who am I in the grand scheme of things.
Anyways, I truly love you all. I miss talking to people. I miss just sitting and having good convo. About things that really matter. I joined facebook.com and am loving it b/c I've gotten to talk to several friends from college that I had lost contact with. It's so weird to see how completely secluded I made myself. It's nice that they all still want to talk to me, even when I kinda just fell off of everything. It's helped raise my esteem some.
Oh, last thing, Kassidy's playground is going up. Half was completed today and hopefully the rest will get done tomorrow. She is very excited, as am I.
O.K. really have to go to bed. I'm exhausted from today. Lots of kids over with dads that helped us build.
MUCH LOVE!!!!
But the yikes is for having to go to camp next week. See, Michael was going to take the youth, and then we thought none were going, and now 5 are. But the female chaperone backed out and I'm left. Luckily, we're staying in hotel rooms, b/c Kassidy is going with us. I'll be able to go and have her take nap/break from the kids during the day. I'm not, however, looking forward to walking so much on who knows what kind of landscape. Walking on anything remotely unlevel in my boot is difficult. I can't bend my foot in it, so I kind of hobble and with uneven ground, I have to really watch how and where I'm walking. Plus, I'll have to be taking care of a three year old while doing it. We'll see. Y'all can pray for the week. Michael is suppossed to have jury duty on that Thurs. and we're trying to get him out of it for that one day out of the six months of it. We'll see. Otherwise he'll have to leave camp and come home to do it for that day. That leaves me there as the good chaperone.
On another note, our little needy church is needier than we thought. Turns out the financial secretarty has been writing checks there was no money for, thus it coming out of other special accounts. The youth being one of them. We are at $0 and we've raised around a grand towards camp thus far. It really stinks b/c a lot of the kids helping aren't even going to camp and they just did a dinner theatre which raised $400. We have to raise more money to reward them for a job well done last night. It's so crazy! This one guy is blaming the pastor, when it's his wife who is the financial secretary, but he's been doing the bookkeeping on it b/c she doesn't know how. Yet, it's all the pastor's fault for not knowing what's been going on. I'm so completely confused with it all. I thought that was what business meetings were for, to vote on how the money got spent. Whoever signed those checks should've known whether it had been voted on. It seems simple to me, but who am I in the grand scheme of things.
Anyways, I truly love you all. I miss talking to people. I miss just sitting and having good convo. About things that really matter. I joined facebook.com and am loving it b/c I've gotten to talk to several friends from college that I had lost contact with. It's so weird to see how completely secluded I made myself. It's nice that they all still want to talk to me, even when I kinda just fell off of everything. It's helped raise my esteem some.
Oh, last thing, Kassidy's playground is going up. Half was completed today and hopefully the rest will get done tomorrow. She is very excited, as am I.
O.K. really have to go to bed. I'm exhausted from today. Lots of kids over with dads that helped us build.
MUCH LOVE!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home